Fuller has been a recognized and trusted name in automotive repair since 1914. Willis Fuller was the start of it all beginning with horse and buggy repairs. In Fuller fashion, Willis was able to predict the future needs of his customers with the rise in popularity of automobiles and quickly evolved his business to focus on the new technology.
Following in his footsteps, his son, Freeman, opened the second location for auto repairs in 1941. Freeman Fuller is responsible for moving the company to it's landmark location on Auburn St. in 1951. Freeman's son Richard expanded the business upon the rock-solid base built by his father and grandfather, adding many other branches of service for area vehicle owners, including the Route 20 location.
Continuing the family tradition, Richard's sons, Chris and Josh, are now at the helm with the continued support and guidance of their father. Today, the Fuller family's reputation for offering motorists continuous, reliable, cost-effective service is an industry standard and an area benchmark. We have been earning your trust every day - since 1914.
For more about the Fuller's, visit our video library.
"Fuller, a name in automotive repair since 1914"
1900’s - Willis Fuller made a living repairing buggy’s that were once drawn by horses and soon began his fascination with automobile ignition wiring.
1930’s- Willis relocated his shop from Worcester to the family farm on Pakachoag Hill, Auburn, MA.
1941 – Freeman, Willis’s son worked for Norton’s supporting the war effort by day and nights and weekends he followed in his father’s footsteps operating out of a two bay garage next to his home on Water St. in Auburn.
1946 – Freeman moved Fuller Automotive to a barn on Southbridge St. directly across from the Water department. It was at this time, the first Fuller tow truck was put in service. Willis passed away in 1951.
1953 - Freeman again saw the need for expansion and move the shop to 68 Auburn St. To this day, the location still houses Fuller Automotive and over the years has had 8 additions as business grew. Freeman continued to provide tow services to the town, state, and Fuller customers.
1963 - Richard Fuller entered the business after four years of attending Marietta College in Ohio. Up until 1991 Richard started and ran four other Fuller entities, including a Rusty Jones franchise, Fuller’s Car Laundry, Cranberry Chevrolet Dealership, and Micorp an aftermarket car accessory business.
1991 - Richard moved the auto body shop to Rt. 20
1996 - Chris Fuller, Richard’s 2nd son went to work for him after graduating Assumption College and helped to establish Fuller’s SpeeDee Oil Change and Tune-up, which opened on Rt. 20. And then Fuller Auto Body built a new 7,000 sq. ft. body shop to make room for Fuller Automotive Mechanical Repair to join in the Rt. 20 front building with Fuller’s Spee Dee.
2003 - Joshua Fuller, Richard’s youngest son went to work for Richard in the body shop, after graduating Bentley College and spending two years in finance and accounting at Liberty Mutual in Boston.
2006 - Business expansion allowed for Chris to move Fuller Automotive back down to Auburn st. and additional space was gained for Fuller Auto Body to expand operations on RT. 20
2012 - Fuller Auto Body finished construction on an 11, 000 sq. ft expansion with a new building on a parcel of property next to the Rt. 20 location. The previous 6,000 square foot shop now serves as the refinishing department and “FastLane” for smaller repairs.
2013 - Fuller Automotive Mechanical Repair re-joins the Rt. 20 location with a 2,000 square foot addition onto the front building. Currently, the 3 Acre site on Rt. 20 houses, Fuller’s SpeeDee Oil Change and Tune Up, Fuller Automotive Mechanical Repair, Fuller Auto Body, Fuller Towing, and Fuller’s Rapid Auto Rental. One stop shopping for all of our customers automobile needs!